Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with co

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with consolidating widen calls
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 02:07:07 +0200

On 12/19/17 1:27 PM, Wedler, Christoph wrote:

I do not see why it should now behave correctly
(the “called” funcall is outside “save-restriction – widen”)

Ouch. Thanks for that, should be fixed now. I only tested this with indent-region, in fact. And emacs-lisp-mode has a dedicated indent-region-function.

I don't get syntax highlighting there, but indentation works fine. I
just needed to know which part of the example file to test.

Hm, with src/emacs –q &  and M-x load-file
<path-to-antlr-mode-3.1.5>/antlr-mode.elc
I get the result of the attached screenshot area.

Hmm, yes. This way it works. But not with my full configuration (just omitting -q from this scenario).

Not sure what can be going wrong there; maybe incompatibility with some minor modes. All I can say is that font-lock-keywords don't end up having the entry for the Python keywords in the latter case. Nor the entries for the constants or built-in functions, for that matter.

Anyway, that's not a big problem for me. No immediate plans to edit Antlr grammars.

       (region still active) TAB -> works (i.e., no deletion of the spaces)
       (region no longer active) TAB -> deletes the 2 spaces (wrong as before)

Right, I only tested the first case originally.