Re: Child-frame can not move to proper position when run "env GDK_SCALE=

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Child-frame can not move to proper position when run "env GDK_SCALE=2 emacs"
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 11:54:34 +0100

> That depends on what you mean by 'this'. If you mean 'Emacs always
> works in pixels regardless of scaling', then 'Coordinates and Windows'
> in windows.texi would be a good place. I'm just not sure we can
> guarantee that yet (I know that e.g. frameset-restore misbehaves in
> the presence of scaling, and I haven't tracked down why yet)

I meant when and where programmers have to be aware of the presence of
scaling.  If we can make scaling completely transparent, they probably
can ignore this issue.  If we can't or there are still unsolved issues
(like the one with the frame size changing when enabling or disabling
scroll bars) we should mention it somewhere.

martin