Re:Re: Is it possible let child-frame not hide the mode-line and minibuf

From: tumashu
Subject: Re:Re: Is it possible let child-frame not hide the mode-line and minibuffer out
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 15:53:40 +0800 (CST)

I have re-read the elisp documents and found it is not a problem :-), sorry for disturb...

          A positive integer always relates the left edge of the frame
          to the left edge of its display or parent frame.  A negative
          integer relates the right frame edge to the right edge of the
          display or parent frame.

At 2018-02-04 18:02:03, "martin rudalics" <address@hidden> wrote: > > but I think the below result is more useful when I move a child-frame to > > (0 . -1) > >We should not inhibit placement there just as we allow a frame to hide >the taskbar of the window manager on the desktop. But we could >provide a parameter for child frames that would, if set, accomplish >that. > >Could you try coding such a thing? The value to be added in the >y-direction should account for the internal border width of the frame, >the height of the minibuffer, a vertical window divider and the height >of the mode line if these are set. In the x-direction we then should >probably avoid hiding the internal border as well. And we probably >should disable the effect of this if it would cause the child frame to >no more fit into its parent at the top or the right. > >martin