FreeBSD configure error related to liblockfile

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: FreeBSD configure error related to liblockfile
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 11:49:50 -0400

Hi,

Configure error:
- liblockfile package installed and `configure --without-x`

checking for maillock in -lmail... no
checking for maillock in -llockfile... no
checking for liblockfile.so... yes
configure: error: Shared liblockfile found but can't link against it.
This probably means that movemail could lose mail.
There may be a 'development' package to install containing liblockfile.

No configure error:
- liblockfile package not installed
- liblockfile package installed and `configure` (no arguments)
- liblockfile and GNU mailutils packages installed

What do you recommend for the package?

1. We could just add ac_cv_prog_liblockfile=no to the configure environment.
2. We could add a dependency on GNU mailutils.
3. We could add an option to depend on GNU mailutils.  If that option is turned
off, then add ac_cv_prog_liblockfile=no to the configure environment.
4. Another approach I am missing.

Thanks,

Joseph