Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 6288c3d: * lisp/emulation/viper.el: Unbreak i

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 6288c3d: * lisp/emulation/viper.el: Unbreak it.
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 15:41:35 -0500

>>>     Since 2017-03-19, M-x viper failed with function void cl-member-if.
>>>     Perhaps it isn't used much.
>> I suspect that most of its users have moved to evil.
> I suggest moving it to lisp/obsolete in Emacs, and copying it to GNU
> ELPA for its future life.

I think this would be encouraging people to move to Evil.  While I think
it's generally a good idea, I think I'd be happier with this idea if
there were a more active cooperation between Evil's maintainers and
Emacs's maintainers (e.g. some plan to try and add Evil to GNU ELPA and
bundle it in Emacs's tarball).

        Stefan