The below is my faced problem when I first contribute elpa.git
Which one should I choice? default ? subtree ? extra-branch?
1. default method suggest:
1. if you want to set elpa.git as your project's only repo, and your will maintain your
package directly in elpa.git, you can choice default method
2. If you just want to update your package with Email + format-patch, you shoud choice
default method and do not use subtree.
2. subtree suggestion:
1. If you want to maintain your package in a independ repo, and sync change with elpa.git
you can choice subtree method.
2. when you want to use subtree method, you should get elpa.git's write access
1. regedit a user at https://savannah.gnu.org
2. join in emacs group
3 ..... waiting to approve ....
4. upload key
5. the example of git subtree command
6. the example of git push command
7. other things ....
8. how to sync change between elpa.git and you-own-package.git.
3. only use git command-line to push change to elpa.git, do not use format-patch
4. DO NOT --SQUASH!!
5. how to deal with package's ugly log :-)