Re: Variable-width font indentation (was: What improvements would be tru

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Variable-width font indentation (was: What improvements would be truly useful?)
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 18:14:26 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:05:11 -0500
>
> It means, for one thing, that M-q can fill text with a smooth
> right margin.
>
> Has that been implemented yet?

No, not yet.  But unless I'm missing something, doing that would be
relatively simple: we need a variant of justify-current-line which
will (a) compute the number of blanks as a float number, and (b) add a
'display' property to each blank with an :align-to attribute computed
(in pixels) to produce the smooth right margin.

Patches to that effect are welcome.