Re: CSS contrast (#30295) (was Re: Heads-up: Emacs 26.1 RC1)

From: Richard Copley
Subject: Re: CSS contrast (#30295) (was Re: Heads-up: Emacs 26.1 RC1)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:02:27 +0000

On 20 March 2018 at 07:08, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Richard Copley <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 21:33:12 +0000
> Cc: John Wiegley <address@hidden>, Emacs Development <address@hidden>, Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30295#11
>
> Please try this in CSS mode:
>
> div: {
>   #87e087
> }
>
> I hope you'll agree it's bad

Actually, doesn't look too bad here.

> It's also easy and safe to fix.

I don't see any proposed patches in the bug report.  What did I miss?

VVVVVVVVVVV

> As ever I'm reluctant to provide a patch (though I do have one and I'll certainly be using it), because I haven't
> assigned copyright, but I did make concrete suggestions for a fix.

If someone can present a patch, I promise to review it.

Thanks.

I can implement both suggestions (only one would be needed); they will
be one- or two-line changes which hopefully qualify as "tiny" for
contribution policy purposes.

Years ago I had a few lines of code accepted into the build system:

commit 6c0a9ed1b100c4dfbac327e6405396f1586267eb
Author: Richard Copley <address@hidden>
Date:   Fri Jun 7 11:08:29 2013 +0300
Fix bug #14513 with --enable-locallisppath not working on MS-Windows.

Back then you (Eli) told me my limit was "all but exhausted" IIRC, but
that code has been improved or superseded and only a vestige of it
remains in Emacs.

Would that be OK?
Sincerely, apologies for the hassle.