Re: procedure for creating online Emacs manual?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: procedure for creating online Emacs manual?
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 14:20:20 -0700

On 03/30/2018 05:58 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
I fixed the
problems that I found (e.g., we don't put refcards up on the web any
more)
Yes we do?
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/refcards/index.html

Ouch. These were not in my copy of the CVS repository of the Emacs web pages, even after I did a "cvs update". Apparently my copy (which has been around for a while) was incorrect, or was updated incorrectly, or something. I removed my bad copy and got a fresh one from Savannah. Sorry about the false alarm. I restored the refcards commentary to admin/make-tarball.txt on master (see attached).

I tried to take your comments into account in the attached further patch.
Thanks.

It's still not clear that the refcards are worth the maintenance hassle. I can't build them on either of my main build platforms right now, so I can't completely update the Emacs web pages.