Re: Emacs 26.0.91: Paste text from teaviewer error

From: zhang cc
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.0.91: Paste text from teaviewer error
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 09:33:20 +0000

On 3 Apr 2018, 3:08 PM +0800, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, wrote:
Thank you for your report.

First, please post this to the bug tracker (using report-emacs-bug),
rather than here.

Second, I don't think a lot of people here use teamviewer, let alone
the other proprietary software you mention. So please try to figure
out which of the hops gave birth to the vector quoted in the error
message, and what do the numbers mean. A full Lisp backtrace will
also be useful.

Thanks.

Gnus doesn’t work well with my current email provider(www.outlook.com) here. So I didn’t setup emacs to send email and forget how to report emacs bug with other email client. I will learn it again later.

Reproducing it need too many machines, I don’t have them all the time. I will report a bug with Lisp backstrace next time.

The clipboard content setup by teamviewer may follows some standard on GNU/Linux, so the content can be  pasted in gvim or other notepad-like apps. If so, I think emacs may support it as well.