Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut... [+ help-gnu-emacs:

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs locked when internet connection is cut... [+ help-gnu-emacs: Invalid read syntax: ")" ]
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 21:05:39 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 17:03:24 +0900

[Please don't cross-post to emacs-devel and help-gnu-emacs.]

> This must be a bug...
>
> When I reconfigured emacs with  --enable-checking='yes,glyphs'
> --enable-check-lisp-object-type
> CFLAGS='-O0 -g3', to attach gdb, I ended up with a build that generated an
> "Invalid read syntax ")" error every
> time I started emacs *even though I had not modified my init file*
> (~/.emacs.el).
>
> Once I reverted to a normal configuration, that same init file was evaluated
> without any issues.
>
> Also, When I was running emacs -q on that modified configuration the issue
> seemed to center on the (require
> 'package) line, but when I commented it out I still had the same error...
>
> What can I do to investigate this ?

Put a breakpoint in Fsignal, and when it reports this error, show the
backtrace.

But first, I suggest to see if you aren't hit by the fontconfig
LC_NUMERIC issue, as I wrote in the other list.

And pease show the details of your Emacs build, those that
report-emacs-bug collects.  It could be important.