Sparse threads in Gnus

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Sparse threads in Gnus
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 15:02:35 +0200

Hi,

Not sure if this is correct location to ask, but I'll give it a try.

I have "some system" (Gitlab.com in this case) that sends mails with
`In-Reply-To` and `References` headers. e.g.:

I've been digging in the Gnus code, and it seems that Gnus bases
threading only on the last item in References and ignores all the other
Message IDs in the References header, and also ignores the In-Reply-To
header.

How can I make Gnus perform "Sparse threading" so it properly threads
the above under the mail with Message-ID: <address@hidden> ?

-- Toon