Re: patreon or alternative?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: patreon or alternative?
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 00:16:37 -0400

  > Is there any objection to asking for donations via Patreon (or a
  > different service) on the Emacs ada-mode home page
  > (https://www.nongnu.org/ada-mode/)?

In principle, asking for donations for free software is fine.
However, we can't promote Patreon since that site requires nonfree
software to donate.

One thing we can do is ask people to develop free replacement JS code
to talk with some of these sites.

You could ask people in the US to snail you checks, or postal money
orders.

--
Dr Richard Stallman