Re: Help with recursive destructive function

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Help with recursive destructive function
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 23:58:38 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> How would you feel about gv-ref itself doing a check?
>
> (if (and (eq 'closure (caar place))
>          (eq 'closure (cadr place)))
>     place
>   (gv-letplace ...etc...)
>
> Too hacky?

`functionp' would probably better, since it's not forbidden to be used
in dynamically bound Lisp.  Most place expressions will not contain
something functionp I think.  Using a unique tag would probably be
cleaner.

I'm not sure if having `gv-ref-p' would be useful, I can imagine that it
could, but have myself used this only once or twice.

Michael.