Re: Three cheers for Eli!

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Three cheers for Eli!
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:33:01 -0400

  > > At the risk of sounding quite rude and assuring it's not my intention at
  > > all: do you _like_ to be called an animal?

  > Wow, I didn't see that coming.  Even if the analogy is slightly flawed,
  > point taken.

I think it is a very good analogy.  Every human being is, in fact, an
animal.  (I doubt any plants, fungi, or unicellular organisms are
reading this message.)  Nonetheless, calling someone an "animal" has
another meaning, and people don't like to be called "animals".

Calling the person a "Republican" -- who actually disagrees with that
party -- is perhaps a closer analogy.

--
Dr Richard Stallman