Re: Resuming M-x gitmerge

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Resuming M-x gitmerge
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:48:32 -0400

>> And given the current implementation of gitmerge-repo-clean I can't
>> see how it could work any other way.

Turns out I got a bit confused reading the boolean expression in
gitmerge-repo-clean.

On 11 June 2018 at 15:31, David Engster <address@hidden> wrote:

> Look in `gitmerge-maybe-resume': It checks if there's an ongoing merge
> (by checking for .git/MERGE_HEAD) and also a status file from a previous
> gitmerge run. If that is both the case and the user accepts the resume,
> it will jump to `gitmerge-resolve-unmerged', which should add all
> non-conflicted files and commit the merge.

Oh, I see what it is. The reason it doesn't work for me is that I use
git-worktree, so the .git/MERGE_HEAD test gives the wrong answer. And
now I see that gitmerge-resolve does actually do 'git add' if needed,
so the current message is actually perfectly fine. The attached lets
it work for me, I think that should cover everything.