Re: Fontifying unterminated strings [was: CC Mode and electric-pair "pro

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Fontifying unterminated strings [was: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 20:43:40 -0400

> My suggestion has no "string-fence syntax-table" or any such thing, so
> I'm not sure what you're saying here.
> Before suggesting something else, could you clarify the downside you see
> with my proposal?

Hmm... sorry: I'm catching up with some mail backlog and didn't read
carefully.  I noticed too late that I misread: your message was not in
reply to my last suggestion but to some earlier discussion.  So, please
disregard the above text.

I'll finish reading my mail before replying further.

I think the following part of my answer is still correct, tho maybe
out-of-date with subsequent discussion I'm about to discover.

        Stefan