Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 23:38:08 -0700

Tom Tromey wrote:
Any ideas on things that might be missing from this list?

Seems OK for a first cut.

I wonder if Emacs should (provide 'bignum) when bignums are compiled in.

Not sure it's needed. It should be easy to tell via other means whether bignums are present, e.g, (natnump (1+ most-positive-fixnum))

I still haven't looked at using the mpn_ API.

We need to do that before installing this in master, as Emacs must be in charge of bignum storage allocation. But it isn't needed for a first cut.