Re: Introducing thread-safe Tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Introducing thread-safe Tramp
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 11:51:49 +0200

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Martin,

>> Yep. Currently I'm sitting on the problem of handling the minibuffer
>> properly, when several find-file operations are in progress in
>> parallel. Something like confirmation of risky local variables in a
>> file, and alike.
>
> I would try mapping each operation to a separate minibuffer-only
> frame.

Might work. But threads are not bound to frames, and I doubt that it
shall be the general solution. What about Emacs in a terminal window,
w/o frames?

I believe we'd rather go into locking the minibuffer / echo area while
reading. Somewhere in the read_minibuf function of minibuf.c. But I
couldn't nail it down until now.

> martin

Best regards, Michael.