Re: Introducing thread-safe Tramp

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Introducing thread-safe Tramp
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 17:05:24 +0200

Robert Pluim <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Robert,

> Given that this is all highly experimental, I wouldn't mind a 'be 100%
> asynchronous' variable in order to ensure maximal coverage (plus I
> donʼt want the cognitive load of having to think "do I want this
> operation to be asynchronous"). Once we have more experience with that
> we can decide which if any operations should default to asynchronous.

For the time being, I have added

find-file-asynchronously is a variable defined in ‘files.el’.
Its value is nil

Documentation:
Non-nil means visit file asynchronously when called interactively.
This behavior is toggled by a prefix argument to the interactive call.

If there are better proposals to the option's name, and to the key
binding for the toggle behavior, I'm all open.

> Robert

Best regards, Michael.