Re: better than read-hide-char

From: Simon Leinen
Subject: Re: better than read-hide-char
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 11:25:58 +0200

How about a feature whereby instead of ******************* or .............
the password echoes as 012345678901234567890123456789...
That way, you could tell how many characters you have successfully typed
even when they are 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 or 70 characters.
That would help people notice some mistakes in long passwords.

I would appreciate such a feature, or anything that tells me in real time how many characters of password I have typed. Whether you start counting from 0 or from 1 is a matter of preference. Maybe that should be customizable.
--
Simon.