Upgrading a package in ELPA (ergoemacs-mode)

From: Eric A. Wayman
Subject: Upgrading a package in ELPA (ergoemacs-mode)
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2018 14:09:07 -0400

Hello,

I would like to upgrade a package in ELPA, ergoemacs-mode. The version
in ELPA is years out of date and doesn't work.

The maintainer of this package, Matthew Fidler, has said it would be okay
for me to handle the upgrading of the package in ELPA. But I don't
know how to do this and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to since I'm not the
official maintainer.

Could you let me know if it's possible for me to upgrade the package in
ELPA myself, and if so, how?

By the way, the official repository is
https://github.com/ergoemacs/ergoemacs-mode . The code there works well
in Emacs 26.1