Re: XOAUTH2 (GMail) auth source integration package now on github

From: Cesar Crusius
Subject: Re: XOAUTH2 (GMail) auth source integration package now on github
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 09:25:37 -0700

>   > It has been a long time, but I the auth-source-xoauth2 package has
>   > been finally open-sourced:
>
>   > https://github.com/ccrusius/auth-source-xoauth2
>
> "Open source" is the slogan of rejecting our philosophy and our values.
> What we advocate is free software, a totally different idea.

Thanks for pointing that out. The project is indeed free software.

> (snip)
>
> What is the license of the source code of auth-source-xoauth2?
> I wonder if we want to integrate it with ELPA, or Emacs itself.

It is the license my employer recommends in its guidelines for non-work related
projects, which need approval before releasing: Apache 2.0.

The manual procedure for making the package work is not simple, requiring one
to navigate Google's "development console" in order to create keys and such.
Before adding it to ELPA/Emacs I would think it would be better to have a
"complete" solution that skips that step. The complete process is described
here:

https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2

> Are you the author of auth-source-xoauth2?

Yes.

--
Cesar Crusius