Re: GNU ELPA package for CC-mode

From: Kyle Andrews
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA package for CC-mode
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 19:28:07 -0400

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018, 17:18 Tom Tromey <address@hidden> wrote:

>> We do this in Flycheck, but it makes retrieving the version number
>> less conveni.k,. Lololol Ll..k..
. K
ent.  Maybe p.j  ackage.el could provide a simple function
>> which, given a package name, returns the installed version?

Stefan> Yes, it'd be nice.

>> (Maybe there's one already?)

Stefan> The closest I could find are: (lm-header "version") and `bbdb-version`.

lm-header is what package.el itself uses.

I suspect this could be done by using a combination of the
load-file-name hack; see the end of:

(info "(elisp) Multi-file Packages")

combined with lm-header.  To make it even better maybe this could be
done using eval-when-compile so that the bytecode just has a constant.

Tom