Re: Recent changes incorrectly calculate font size within daemon mode

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: Recent changes incorrectly calculate font size within daemon mode
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:59:36 +0200

On Thu, Aug 30 2018, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Quite possibly, yes. What platform are you running on? And can you tell
> me exactly how you set fontconfig/Xres? I am having trouble reproducing
> the problem.

This is on debian unstable, X11 lucid build (--without-gsettings
--with-x-toolkit=lucid).

After looking at my config, I think the only part that matters is this:

$ xrdb -q | grep dpi
Xft.dpi:        95

DPI values are also set explicitly via xrandr --output [all outputs]
--dpi 95 to be consistent, but AFAIK emacs always ignored xrandr values.

Other settings are correctly applied, so it's the font scaling which has
some issues when emacs is started via --daemon (both
--fg-daemon/--bg-daemon result in the same behavior).