Re: pdumper's performance

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: pdumper's performance
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 14:20:54 -0700

>> Try it and see before deciding that there's a performance problem.
>
> Hm... there's a misunderstanding: the issue is not one of performance
> problem, but of separation of concerns.  Moving the markbits elsewhere
> should be done in a separate patch (before or after the pdumper patch).

There is no separation-of-concerns problem. The mark bit thing isn't some
unrelated bonus feature of pdumper. It's how the dump image *works*. To
make pdumper work differently, and worse, merely to create some kind of
fictitious separation between its component parts strikes me as a bad idea
and unnecessary work.