Re: delete-selection-mode as default

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode as default
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 01:47:45 -0400

  > I can't speak to its history - that may be where you copied it from.

Your ignorance does not trump my memory.

  > But its design and its behavior fit just as well with selecting the
  > region in any way, not just with a mouse.

It will operate regardless of how the region was selected, but the
case it makes sense for is when the kind of input used for selection
is something quite different from the kind of input used for the
subsequent deletion.

  > The traditional Emacs interface is defined how? Do you mean
  > Emacs in a terminal? No faces? No mouse support? No text
  > properties? How far back do you go, to find it?

These questions don't need to be answered.

--
Dr Richard Stallman