Re: delete-selection-mode as default

From: hw
Subject: Re: delete-selection-mode as default
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 04:33:08 +0200

Bingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 8 septembre 2018 20:33:16 GMT+05:30, hw <address@hidden> a écrit :
>>Bingo <address@hidden> writes:
> [...]
> I have clarified here :
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-09/msg00330.html. Absence
> of init file is to be noticed only once.

I think it might be better to let the users pick from selections of
skins and of groups of settings when there is no ~/.emacs: It leaves the
decisions to the users rather than secretly foisting settings and their
non-defaults upon them, which is something they might not be willing to
wolf down as easily as good defaults.

Skins might make Emacs appear more handsomely or prettier, and otherwise
more appealing, too.

> At other places in your email, is it sarcasm ?

How could I possibly answer that?

When I say "It depends on how seriously you take it.", I would be very
inappropriately sarcastic.  I could say "no", and you would think I'm
sarcastic.  If I say "It's only the way I write that can make it seem
so.", you don't know what to think.  Just asking which places you're
referring to could also make you think I'm sarcastic.