Did something change with file encodings recently?

From: joakim
Subject: Did something change with file encodings recently?
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 15:36:34 +0200

Did something change with file encodings recently?

I have an org-mode file with swedish characters in it. In my old emacs
build, of 2018-09-06, the emacs shows the swedish characters fine, and
shows the encoding as utf-8-unix.

In my more recent emacs build of 2018-09-16, the swedish characters are
shown as escapes, \303\206 for instance.

other org files in the same directory show swedish chars fine, so I
guess this particular file has some sort of encoding issue.

Any hints what happened, and how i can repair it?
--
Joakim Verona
address@hidden