Re: Resending email in Gnus, figuring out charset

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Resending email in Gnus, figuring out charset
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:51:57 +0100

Eli writes:

>> As I wrote, I get (raw-text no-conversion)

> This means you have raw bytes in the mail body, so I think the problem
> is elsewhere: where those bytes originated.

I'm not sure I understand that.

The Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit header means "raw bytes in the
body", and the Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 explains how
those bytes should be interpreted, right?

When I look at the feedbase-email in Gnus, it is displayed as expected,
but when I try to resend it, for some reason Gnus can't guess what the
encoding should be.

Interestingly Andreas Schwab tried resending my email explaining the
problem, which had the same headers and raw bytes, and Gnus _can_ figure
the encoding it when doing that.

So there must be some difference between the emails, confusing Gnus.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Det her er min Bob Dylan-sang nummer to                     Adam Sjøgren
  Den første var hæderlig, men ikke rigtigt go'"         address@hidden