RE: menu-bar-help-menu

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: menu-bar-help-menu
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:04:55 -0800 (PST)

> > I often find help menu to be very useful.  I think the word "Emacs" is
> > too often shown up in the help menu.  Most of "Emacs" in the help menu
> > could be taken out to read better.  I propose the new help menu as
> > shown below.
>
> FWIW, I think removing "Emacs" from these items will make their intent
> less clear.  I also don't understand how their presence can make the
> items less readable, can you explain?

Adding "Emacs" all over the place just adds noise, making
it harder to scan and pick out the signal.

Of course, if there is somewhere where a distinction
is important (Emacs vs something else), adding "Emacs"
might help in that case.  But adding it gratuitously
in many places prevents such an exception from standing
out.