Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstr

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: scratch/accurate-warning-pos: Solid progress: the branch now bootstraps.
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 09:52:19 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 15:08:52 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> That would significantly increase the impact in terms of code-size and
> >> CPU time (could explain why you see 8% slowdown which is more expansive
> >> than my patch which turns EQ into EQL).
> > Would it?

> Yes: I think NILP is much more frequent than EQ.

Ah right, I see what you mean, now:  Leave EQ more or less as it is in
scratch/accurate-warning-pos, but have NILP use "BASE_EQ" rather than EQ
to compare with Qnil.

My gut feeling is that this won't work, but I'm going to try it, anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).