Re: emacs-26 19ed1e9 2/2: * lisp/net/trampver.el (customize-package-emac

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: emacs-26 19ed1e9 2/2: * lisp/net/trampver.el (customize-package-emacs-version-alist):
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 13:18:09 -0500

Michael Albinus wrote:

>> (customize-changed "26.1")
>> tramp-syntax version 2.3.3 not found in customize-package-emacs-version-alist
>
> But this information is incorrect. There exists a Tramp release 2.3.3,
> and this is *not* the Tramp version integrated into Emacs 26.1.

That is not how I interpret that variable. I take it to mean "if you are
looking at a change which first appeared in Tramp 2.3.3, then the first
Emacs release containing it was 26.1"; not "Tramp 2.3.3 is the version
in Emacs 26.1". I think the example in the doc string, where multiple
MH-E versions map to the same Emacs version, bears this out.

> And where does it come from? I don't get it, when evalling that form
> from "emacs -Q".

I don't know how to explain that (I assume you reverted 19ed1e9 and
rebuilt before testing?).