Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Current master does not work with sr-speedbar package (W64 build)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 10:00:29 +0100 (CET)

> Il 6 dicembre 2018 alle 7.35 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>
> This sounds like sr-speedbar specific issue to me.

No, I have another test cast to propose.

Build Emacs from master and install it in a different directory from the build
one. Now remove the build folder or simply rename it. (As a normal user uses
Emacs...)

Remove the .emacs.d folder, which for Windows build is located in
AppData/Roaming (or rename it), i.e. start Emacs without any initialization
file/folder.

Now start Emacs [*] and try to install an ELPA packages. After Options - Manage
Emacs Packages, the minibuffer in Package buffer shows:

"error in process filter: Setting current directory: Permission denied,
c:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master/src/"

where c:/msys64/tmp/emacs-master is the build tree of Emacs. Package buffer
shows only built-in packages and Buffer menu contains also a *Compile-Log*
buffer with the text

^L
Compiling no file at Thu Dec  6 09:46:33 2018

Now, just create an empty build tree folder:

mkdir -p /tmp/emacs-master/src

All work as expected and after Options - Manage Emacs Packages, the Package
buffer shows also ELPA Packages without error in minibuffer. For example, I
installed in this way the auctex package....

As you see, no sr-speedbar is used at all.

---
[*] For example, in W10 from a link on the task bar whose target is
C:\LocalAps\Emacs\bin\runemacs.exe in my case.