Re: Preventing accidental prefix match in input-method

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: Preventing accidental prefix match in input-method
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 22:51:22 -0500

On 2018-11-23  6:03 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Yes, that's what I do now.  Doubling backslash works well in cases where
> it's only needed in unusual circumstances.
>
> But I find it very inconvenient in latex-mode because I very frequently
> need to type a normal \<something>.

Seconded.

Stefan (and others), did you have a chance to think about / look further
into this?  I’d probably use any workaround, unsightly as it may be, if
it meant I’d get to keep the backslash prefix for the input, instead of
my changing it to the forwardslash—it’s a bit hard to rewire years of
muscle memory.

amin