Re: Will Emacs be ever available for iOS?

From: Kalman Reti
Subject: Re: Will Emacs be ever available for iOS?
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 08:55:09 -0500

On Dec 31, 2018 8:27 AM, "Nahuel Jesús Sacchetti" <address@hidden> wrote:
,----
| As iPads are becoming more popular and exceeding the power of most
| laptops. Is there a plan to create an Emacs version for iPads? As for
| myself, I am willing to pay 100$ just to get an emacs on my iPad. There are
| some workaround but they are not convenient.
`----

You can actually run GNU Emacs on Android tablets and phones with Termux. I
have to say that it works pretty well (on a fairly standard Emacs
setup). I don't know anything about iOS though but with a quick search I
found Termius and it looks similar to Termux, the website even has GNU
Emacs screenshots.

I run the termux version on my android tablets (Hacker's keyboard helps with the input problem) but it crashes a lot and while you can run it under gdb, there are no symbols so that isn't a helpful exercise.

--
Nahuel Jesús Sacchetti
Solution Lead for Monsters at ITX

Message sent from GNU Emacs 26.1.