Re: filenotify-tests.el failing inside Docker debian:stretch

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: filenotify-tests.el failing inside Docker debian:stretch
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 16:40:25 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ted,

> This is just what EMBA does. But it seems like a Docker issue rather
> than something about the specific EMBA setup. And since Docker is not a
> primary virtualization platform supported by Emacs, maybe it's better to
> just skip these tests? Your call... I can create the bug report if you
> prefer.

Looks like I fixed this. On emba (docker?), inotify does not generate a
delete event, when a file is watched, and the upper directory is
deleted. No idea why.

It is not the most prominent feature of file notifications, and we know
it from other monitor libraries as well (w32notify). So I've adapted the
tests, pushed to master.

I will continue to play with the scratch/albinus branch on emba, in
order to check other monitor libraries (gfilenotify, inotifywatch, gio).

> Thanks
> Ted

Best regards, Michael.