Re: merge conflict tedium

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: merge conflict tedium
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 16:57:41 -0800

On 1/7/19 12:59 PM, Michael Albinus wrote:
It happens
again and again that I forget the "don't merge" idiom in the commit
message, and even if I recognize it after the commit (it happens), I
don't know how to add it after a push. Is there something I could do?

I've made that mistake myself, and the simplest fix I thought of was to immediately merge the emacs-26 branch myself to master, making sure that I handle the mistake correctly during the merge.

If you don't know how to do such a merge, now's a good time to learn....