Re: RMAIL and movemail?

From: john
Subject: Re: RMAIL and movemail?
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 19:57:04 +0000 (GMT)

Buid emacs-26 wit no real change.  Ran on my machine and got

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  string-match("^\\(imap\\|pop\\)s?$" nil nil)
  rmail-remote-proto-p(nil)
rmail-insert-inbox-text(("/var/spool/mail/jpff" "/mnt/snout/home/jpff/mbox") t) rmail-get-new-mail-1(nil ("/var/spool/mail/jpff" "/mnt/snout/home/jpff/mbox") nil)
  rmail-get-new-mail(nil)
  funcall-interactively(rmail-get-new-mail nil)
  call-interactively(rmail-get-new-mail nil nil)
  command-execute(rmail-get-new-mail)

The file /mnt/snout/home/jpff/mbox is my mail file mounted via NFS. The/var/spool/mail/jpff file is local and not used except when the mailer breaks ie never

Best thought I have is soething to do with the nfs on the new server (Debian stretch). I did try reading mail from a local file and that worked.

==John ffitch