Does service lookup by name work on Windows now?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Does service lookup by name work on Windows now?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 12:00:01 +0100

The reason I ask is that gnus does this:

      (open-network-stream
       "*nnimap*" (current-buffer) nnimap-address
       (nnimap-map-port (car ports))

where

    (defun nnimap-map-port (port)
      (if (equal port "imaps")
          "993"
        port))

ostensibly because there were problems on Windows about 8 years ago
with using 'imaps' instead of the numeric value (I haven't managed to
track down the relevant discussion).

Iʼd like to remove this workaround, because it makes auth-source do
lookups using 993 rather than imaps when called from
open-network-stream, forcing users to use the numeric value in their
.authinfo.

Robert