Re: Package proposal: greader, an audio emacs reader for blind and disle

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Package proposal: greader, an audio emacs reader for blind and dislexic people
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:14:20 +1100

nIn addition to emacspeak, there is also a package called speechd.el, which also does a similar thing, but uses speech-dispatcher.

My question would be why create yet another package which appears to do the same thing rather than contribute to one of the other packages - what is it about your package that is fundamentally different to either emacspeak (very comprehensive, robust and powerful, with a well developed underlying philosophy/approach) and speechd.el (minimalist, simple and lower learning curve)?

Tim