Re: Questions about XDG_RUNTIME_DIR and server-socket-dir

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Questions about XDG_RUNTIME_DIR and server-socket-dir
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 23:10:20 -0500

BTW, I noticed that while I typically use the emacsclient from my
"in-place" build of Emacs, I also sometimes use /usr/bin/emacsclient
from the Debian package.

Since those two don't use the same directory to look for the socket,
I end up just creating a symlink from the old /tmp/emacs<uid> location
to the new /run/user/<uid>/emacs directory.

I haven't bothered to teach server.el to do that for me (I do it by
hand when the need appears), but maybe we should.

        Stefan