Re: Grabbing all events in a frame (with xelb?)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Grabbing all events in a frame (with xelb?)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 01:08:26 -0500

>>> Is there a way to get low-level events like that "natively" in Emacs?
>> Now without C-level changes, AFAIK.  But those changes are pretty simple
>> (I used to have a patch that added such <key>-up events, treated a bit
>> like the down-mouse-N events).
> Thanks; sounds like that might be useful generally in Emacs?  Any reason
> you didn't push that patch?  :-)

Can't remember exactly.  It adds a fair bit of "noise" to view-lossage
and might introduce some breakage in some cases because of the
unexpected new events.

I can try and dig up the patch if you're interested (it was not cleaned
up but worked well enough not to get in the way of my personal use tho
I never ended up writing code that took advantage of it).

        Stefan