Re: Emacs i18n

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 15:38:29 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 22:09:09 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> Let's start out without any particular rule about this, and let people
> try various things.  That way we will work out what is useful.

Btw, translating messages also means that the likes of this:

  static bool
  set_message_1 (ptrdiff_t a1, Lisp_Object string)
  {
    [...]
    if (!NILP (BVAR (current_buffer, bidi_display_reordering)))
      bset_bidi_paragraph_direction (current_buffer, Qleft_to_right);

will need to depend on the current UI language, instead of being
hard-coded, so the value should be probably recorded in some file (the
message catalog?).  Likewise the direction of menu items and tool-bar
buttons, if/when we get to translating menus and the tool bar.