Re: Performance degradation from long lines

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Performance degradation from long lines
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 12:31:16 +1300

On 2019-03-11 01:58, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I thought that :package-version functioned as an alternative to
:version which worked both for the core library and for the GNU ELPA
package for earlier emacs versions?

AFAIR, when we discussed this, the intent was to put this in core?
I have no clear idea what is required for ELPA.

The intent is to put it in core, and also to build an ELPA package from
that same core source file, for use with emacs versions < 27.

:package-version had looked to me like the way to handle versioning in
this scenario, so that the same code accounted for both situations.

-Phil