Re: [ELPA] Package proposal: relint (ex-trawl)

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Package proposal: relint (ex-trawl)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 21:30:21 +0100

19 mars 2019 kl. 19.05 skrev Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

>> The plan is still to integrate it with Emacs `make check' in some way,
>> unless the developers dislike Makefile rules that use locally-installed
>> external packages. It will not be mandatory.
>
> If relint will be part of "make check", I think we'd want it in the
> Emacs repository (only there or in addition to ELPA), so that one
> could run the full test suite even when off-line.

Then xr would have to be moved into the Emacs tree as well, since relint
requires that package.

Just to clarify, since you mentioned "off-line": I do not propose any build
step that would fetch anything over the network. An optional 'make check' step
would not, I though, be different from optional libraries used in the build.