Re: Emacs 26.2 RC1 is out!

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.2 RC1 is out!
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 09:59:37 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Can you (or Glenn or someone else) describe what would need to be
> changed in the docs, and what additional actions would have to be
> made?

The doc says that it's best not to commit the files that change the
version number (to 26.2 in our case) and the release date (it's set to a
future date, and is subject to change).

If we change that process, the docs should say instead to make commit
those files, and make a tag, just like we do for pretests.

> I don't think I mind RC tags in the repository, even if they
> eventually point to the same commit as the release, but I'm not sure I
> understand the details well enough.

The only issue is that we push files with a version number and release
date that is not final (if the RC has issues).

Nico