Re: Emacs 26.2 RC1 is out!

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.2 RC1 is out!
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 11:14:39 +0100

> > Which are the affected files?
>
> README
> configure.ac
> etc/HISTORY
> msdos/sed2v2.inp
> nt/README.W32

Ah, okay.  So the problem is with having these say "26.2" whereas in
reality 26.2 might need more changes?  If so, it doesn't sound a big
problem to me, but I'd like to hear Glenn's opinion as well.

Just a thought: why not name it 26.2-rc1 in these 26.2-rc1 commits (with a 26.2-rc1 tag)? Then when the final 26.2 is out, rename it to 26.2 and thus when looking at these files you are always seeing the "latest released" version.

Maybe that conflicts with other conventions tho, it's just an idea.

Philippe