Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Konstantin Kharlamov
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 17:04:50 +0300

В Сб, мар 23, 2019 at 10:18 ДП (AM), Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> написал:
 From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
 Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
        address@hidden, address@hidden,
        address@hidden, address@hidden
 Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 22:33:56 -0400

We should not have code in our repository whose copyright has not been
 assigned.  So we need to be careful about who can put code into it,
 even if it is in a "personal" branch.

I don't think we have "personal branches" in our repository.  All the
branches there are public branches, and their legal status is the same
as of any other branch, including the master branch.

Or maybe I don't understand what you meant by "a personal branch".

I think he was talking about the gitlab workflow.

I didn't do copyright assignment, but it sounds simple. I think on gitlab login page it could have be implemented with a few checkboxes for registration, thus ensuring that every new user has it.

Btw, how do I do it? Do I have to create a separate topic in emacs-devel at the moment? (that's how I read docs here https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html#Copyright-Assignment )