Re: [ELPA] New package: smalltalk-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: smalltalk-mode
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 15:27:57 -0400

> Not sure what this all means from the legal POV.  Lately, Richard
> asked us to make sure people who contribute code to ELPA and have
> copyright assignments for Emacs to say clearly that they contribute
> the code for Emacs, in order for the assignment to be effective.

Actually, looking at the gnu-smalltalk mailing-list, I think the first
question is whether GNU smalltalk actually wants smalltalk-mode to be on
GNU ELPA.

As you can see in

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-smalltalk/2019-03/msg00001.html

Derek has asked already, but I think the answers he got show some
misunderstanding of how GNU ELPA works.

        Stefan